We have really been missing being together with you in school!
Some of you have been seeing your teachers during Zoom lessons or you might have heard their voices on on Seesaw App or on the phone. This week, you may have seen one or two of your SNAs too! Well, we hope to see and hear each other more on our Zoom Wellbeing Wednesdays over the next 5 weeks.
Starting next Wednesday, 27th May, activities on our Wellbeing Wednesday poster above will be happening on Zoom. I will be sending out a text to your parents every Tuesday with the Zoom link and password you need for the next day. We really hope you can join us, using a computer, tablet, iPad or phone.
Next Wednesday, 27th May, we will have 4 activities:
12.00 Music Therapy with Bill for Junior and MDVI Classes
12.30 Beginners’ VI Tennis or Senior VI Football with David (Choose which one)
1.00 Baking ‘Show and Tell’ with Ms Lunney
Ms. Lunney has made a video showing her making shortbread at home. For Baking ‘Show and Tell’, you could try baking shortbread or something else yummy and have it ready to show your friends and teachers on Zoom. If you like you can tell everyone about it too!
We can’t wait to see you all 🙂
Click on this link to view Ms. Lunney’s video:
125g butter at room temperature
50g caster sugar
125g plain flour
Optional ingredients for topping:
200g melted chocolate
1 tin/squeezy bottle of ready-made caramel
- Wash your hands!
- Ask a grown up to preheat the oven to 160º.
- Grease your tin by spreading a thin layer of butter around the inside of the tin.
- Weigh your ingredients. Remember to set weighing scales to zero with the empty bowl on top each time before measuring your ingredients.
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar until soft using wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Add your flour and corn flour and mix using a spoon until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands bring the mix together to form a dough.
- Press the dough into the tin and then press the dough gently with a fork to allow steam to escape when the shortbread is in oven.
- Get a grown-up to pop the shortbread into the oven.
- Depending on your oven, it will bake in 20-30 minutes. You want it to be a light brown colour.
- Once cooled you can add caramel and melted chocolate. Allow time for the chocolate to set in the fridge.